In order to encourage a high-quality home performance workforce and participation in the Illinois Home Performance program (interested contractors, please read here), the Illinois Energy and Recycling Office at the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity has allocated rebate funds for energy efficiency training and testing. Rebate funds are available for training and testing that leads to Building Performance Institute certification (see certifications below). Rebates are only available if all of the following criteria has been met. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-395-1032 ext. 1.
- The course occurred between June 1st, 2016 and May 31st, 2017
- The student paid out of pocket at least $250 per certification
- The course consisted of at least 4 days in the classroom with a live instructor
- The course consisted of at least 2 days in the field with a live instructor
- The instructor is available to be reached via phone for at least 2 months following the completion of the course to answer building science related questions
- The course took place in Illinois
- The student receiving the rebate is a resident of Illinois and a customer of at least one of the following Illinois utilities: Ameren Illinois (electricity), Ameren Illinois (gas), ComEd, Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, or North Shore Gas.
- Building Performance Institute Building Analyst certification,
- Building Performance Institute Envelope certification
- Building Performance Institute Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer certification
Rebates can only be awarded to students who have paid (or their company paid) at least $250 out-of-pocket. You MUST submit proof of registration clearly showing this payment. If you cannot show this, please ask your instructor or testing center to confirm your payment to email@example.com.
Step 1: Reserving Rebate Funds
In order to receive a rebate, you must first reserve funds. To do so, fill out the form below with the "Reserving funds" box checked and upload proof of registration in an appropriate class. A receipt or invoice showing that you have signed up and paid for the class is acceptable as proof of registration. After this is completed successfully to MEEA's satisfaction, funds in the amount requested will be reserved for 75 days, pending fund availability. MEEA will confirm your rebate funds reservation within 1 week via email.
Step 2: Claiming Rebate Funds
After reserving funds, you have 75 days to claim your rebate. To claim your rebate, fill out the form below again, this time with the "Claiming funds" box checked. Attach proof of your new BPI certification(s). A scanned copy of either the BPI certificate or BPI card (both sides) with relevant certification listed is the only acceptable proof. Test scores from the BPI candidate portal will not be sufficient. Each certificate will be confirmed with BPI prior to awarding rebate funds.
Step 3: Receiving Rebate Funds
MEEA will issue checks within 4 weeks of receiving a fully completed rebate claim form and mail it to the address you provide on the form when claiming funds.